C3 for Dummies
What we do:
Set up the crystallisation experiments that you design – screening, optimisation and stability experiments.
What you do:
Use the extensive suite of tools available to design experiments, view experiments and interpret the results. The crystallisation trials set up for you can be collected and used for further experiments
The C3 is designed to give researchers access to cutting edge crystallisation technology. The users of C3 must design experiments and analyse the results for themselves. If you require more help (e.g. with production of sample, crystallisation strategies, X-ray data collection and structure solution) then talk to us about collaborative projects.
The absolute basics – C3 for Dummies:
- Plates are $120.00 each.
- You need about 25µL of protein for an initial plate, then 15µL for every subsequent plate (96 droplets each with 150 nL of sample )
- A sample calculator is available (this currently OVER estimates how much protein sample is required)
- You need 10 mL of base condition per additive plate
- You can have 1 or 2 samples per plate. Only one screen per plate.
- If you have no idea about where to start, try the 1-Click Screening option
- Protein should be given to C3 in a 1.6 mL Eppendorf tube with no tape on it
- Once set up, plates are imaged 15 times over 2.5 months with both visble and UV light.
This is a really short version of our FAQs – check out the FAQs page for more detail
If you think something is missing, please email us.