About STEM CPP
The STEM Community Partnerships Program (STEM CPP) invites year 9 and 10 students to participate in STEM inquiry-based projects to address challenges faced by their local communities. Students are given privileged access to a variety of local businesses and role models, providing valuable insight into local STEM pathways.
The program is facilitated by teachers and schools, with mentors available through CSIRO’s STEM Professionals in Schools program. Implementation is flexible, allowing student and school requirements to be met. A minimum commitment of two years is recommended for schools to ensure the program has the desired impact.
Activities available to students include:
- Inquiry projects to address challenges faced by local communities. These are based on CSIRO’s Creativity in Research, Engineering, Science and Technology (CREST) Awards program.
- Visits to workplaces.
- STEM-related work experience opportunities.
- Attendance at local industry STEM careers events.
- Masterclasses to assist with projects and work experiences.
- Annual showcase of student projects.