Adaptation and management approaches
- Nidumolu et al. (2018) Linking climate forecasts to rural livelihoods: Mapping decisions, information networks and value chains. Weather and Climate Extremes.
- Brown et al. (2018) Influence of livelihoods on climate change adaptation for smallholder farmers in the Mekong Delta Vietnam. International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability.16(3):255-271.
- Gobbett et al. (2017) Farm-scale minimum temperature mapping for strategic and tactical frost management. In: The 22nd International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (MODSIM2017); 3-8 December 2017; Hobart, Tasmania. The Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc. 1083-1089.
- Crimp et al. (2017) Engaging agricultural communities in climate resilient food production adaptation: a PNG highlands case study. Canberra: Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
- Dung et al. (2017) Financial capacity of rice based farming households in the context of climate change in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam. Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development. 14(1):73-87.
- Doerr and Lim-Camacho (2017) AdaptNRM: delivering regionally-relevant cross-regional information for NRM adaptation planning: Final report. CSIRO Canberra: CSIRO.
- Amarasingha et al. (2017) Improving water productivity in moisture-limited rice-basedcropping systems through incorporation of maize and mungbean: A modelling approach. Agriculture and Water Management. 189:111-122.
- Nidumolu et al. (2016) Engaging farmers on climate risk through targeted integration of bio-economic modelling and seasonal climate forecasts. Agricultural Systems.149:175-184.
Business, value chains and food systems
- Hobday et al. (2018) Adapting to climate change: the role of organisational personalities in natural resource management. Regional Environmental Change. 18(2):561-571.
- Ash et al. (2017) Irrigated agricultural development in northern Australia: value-chain challenges and opportunities. Agricultural Systems. 155(2):116-125.
- Lim-Camacho et al. (2017) Unpacking climate risk management in mining value chains: A building blocks approach to conceptualising decision making for adaptation. In: MODSIM2017 – 22nd International Congress on Modelling and Simulation; 3-8 December 2017; Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc. (MSSANZ). p.421.
- Lim-Camacho et al. (2017) Complex resource supply chains display higher resilience to simulated climate shocks. Global Environmental Change. 46:126-138.
- Lim-Camacho et al. (2017) Climate adaptation of food value chains: the implications of varying consumer acceptance. Regional Environmental Change. 17(1):93-103.
- Ridoutt et al. (2017) Australia’s nutritional food balance: situation, outlook and policy implications. Food Policy. 9:211-226.
Digital innovation and technology
- Fleming et al. (2018) Is Big Data for Big Farming or for Everyone? Perceptions in the Australian grains industry. Agronomy for Sustainable Development. 38(24).
- Brown et al. (2018) Rodent management issues in South Pacific islands – a review with case studies from Papua New Guinea and Vanuatu. Wildlife Research. 44(8):587-602.
- O’Grady and Mitchell (2018) Agroforestry:realising the triple bottom line benefits of trees in the landscape. CSIRO.
- Ledo et al. (2018) Tree size and climatic water deficit control root to shoot ratio in individual trees globally. New Phytologist. 217(1):8-11.
- Harris et al. (2017) Wheat pests: introduction, rodents and nematodes. In: Peter Langridge, editor/s. Achieving sustainable wheat cultivation. Cambridge, UK: Burleigh Dodds Science Publishing, 443-466.
- Brown et al. (2017) Control of vertebrate pests in rice cultivation (e.g. rodents). In: Takuji Sasaki, editor/s. Achieving sustainable rice cultivation. Burleigh Dodds Science Publishing. 1-34.
- Adams et al. (2017) A multi-species synthesis of physiological mechanisms in drought-induced tree mortality. Nature Ecology & Evolution.
- Mitchell et al. (2017) Significant contribution from foliage-derived ABA in regulating gas exchange in Pinus radiata. Tree Physiology. 37(2):236-245.
- Battaglia et al. (2017) Leveraging Australia’s forest data assets: an industry roadmap. Hobart: CSIRO.
- Herr et al. (2018) Impact and risk analysis for the Namoi subregion Product 3-4 for the Namoi subregion from the Northern Inland Catchments Bioregional Assessment. Canberra: CSIRO.
- Ridoutt et al. (2018) From water use to water scarcity footprinting in environmentally extended input-output analysis. Environmental Science & Technology.
- Quinteiro et al. (2018) Identification of methodological challenges remaining in the assessment of a water scarcity footprint: a review. International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. 23(1):164-180.
- Ridoutt et al. (2017) Dietary Strategies to Reduce Environmental Impact: A Critical Review of the Evidence Base. Advances in Nutrition. 8(6):933-946.
- Ridoutt and Hodges (2017) From ISO14046 to water footprint labelling: A case study of indicators applied to milk production in south-eastern Australia. Science of the Total Environment. 599-600:14-19.
- Eady, S. (2017) Greenhouse gas emissions from the cultivation of canola oilseed in Australia. CSIRO Repository: CSIRO.
Impacts and weather variability and climate change
- Harris et al. (2018) Biological responses to the press and pulse of climate trends and extreme events. Nature Climate Change 8, 579-587.
- Nolan et al. (2018) Safeguarding reforestation efforts against changes in climate and disturbance regimes. Forest Ecology and Management. 424:458-467.
- Langlais et al. (2017) Coral bleaching pathways under the control of regional temperature variability. Nature Climate Change. 7:839-844.
- McIntosh and Brown (2017) Calibration and bias correction of POAMA forecasts for use in Agricultural models. CSIRO.
- Battaglia and Bruce (2017) Direct climate change impacts on growth and drought risk in blue gum (Eucalyptus globulus) plantations in Australia. Australian Forestry. 80:216-227.
- Brown et al. (2016) In 30 years, how might climate change affect what Australians eat and drink?. Bulletin of the Australian Meteorology and Oceanographic Society. 29(1):22-27.
- Hamilton et al. (2017) Developing a common language for transdisciplinary modelling teams using a generic conceptual framework. In: 22nd International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (MODSIM2017); 3-8 December 2017; Hobart, Tasmania. MSSANZ. 1.
Weather and climate systems
- Gobbett et al. (2018) Modelling frost generates insights for managing risk of minimum temperature extremes. Weather and Climate Extremes.
- Graham et al. (2017) Understanding the double peaked El Niño in coupled GCMs. Climate Dynamics. 48(5):2045-2063.
- Crimp et al. (2016) Recent seasonal, decadal and long-term changes in Southern Australian frost occurrence. Climatic Change.139:115-128.