Dr Anna KaksonenGroup Leader for Industrial Biotechnology
- With Doctor of Technology in Environmental Biotechnology, MSc (Engineering) in Environmental Technology and MSc in Environmental Science and Policy, Anna develops tools and biotechnical solutions for sustainable industrial processes, resource recovery from waste streams, pollution prevention, remediation of contaminated environments and microbially caused problems.
- Primary Emailanna.email@example.com
Dr Geoffrey PuzonTeam Leader for Resource Sector Biotechnology
- With PhD in Microbiology and BSc in Biology (Genetics and Cell Biology), Geoffrey uses a combination of field and laboratory-based research along with cutting edge OMICs tools to explore the role of microorganisms in complex systems such as water treatment and distribution networks and subsurface contaminated aquifers.
- Primary Emailgeoffrey.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Colin ScottTeam Leader for Biocatalysis and Synthetic Biology, Chemicals and Fibres Application Domain Leader in the CSIRO Future Science Platform on Synthetic Biology
- With PhD in Molecular Microbiology and BSc (Honours) in Genetics, Colin is interested in understanding, engineering and harnessing the enormous biochemical and metabolic diversity in nature to develop enzymatic and microbial processes for environmental and industrial applications.
- Primary Emailcolin.email@example.com
Dr Andrew WardenTeam Leader for Industrial Systems Biology
- With PhD and Honours in Chemistry, Andrew applies chemistry, molecular modelling, molecular dynamics, enzyme engineering, metabolomics, and proteomics tools for biomarker and natural product discovery and monitoring in environmental, agricultural, industrial and health applications.
- Primary Emailandrew.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr David BealeSenior Research Scientist in Environmental Systems Biology Team
- With PhD in Analytical Chemistry and Bachelor of Applied Science (Honours) in Environmental Science, David develops and applies high-throughput metabolomics and analytical chemistry tools and identifying biomarkers for environmental, industrial and clinical applications.
- Primary Emaildavid.email@example.com
Dr Naomi BoxallResearch Scientist in Resource Sector Biotechnology Team
- With PhD in Science (Environmental and Industrial Biotechnology) and BSc in Environmental Microbiology, Naomi is researching the development of a circular economy in Australia, and innovative waste management for multiple industries to benefit our economy.
- Primary Emailnaomi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Ka Yu ChengSenior Research Scientist in Resource Sector Biotechnology Team
- With PhD in Environmental Engineering, MPhil in Environmental Science and BSc (Honours) in Applied Biology, Ka Yu develops innovative processes for contaminant degradation, and the treatment of mining and other waste streams driving towards circular economy and the sustainability of industries.
- Primary Emailkayu.email@example.com
Dr Maneesha GinigeSenior Research Scientist in Resource Sector Biotechnology Team
- With PhD in Chemical Engineering/Molecular Biology, BSc (Honours) in Microbiology, Maneesha develops and optimises processes for wastewater treatment and resource recovery and characterises microbial phenomena in engineered systems.
- Primary Emailmaneesha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Carol HartleyResearch Scientist in Biocatalysis and Synthetic Biology Team
- With PhD and BSc (Honours) in Microbiology, and BSc in Entomology & Microbiology, Carol explores enzyme biochemistry, molecular evolution and biocatalysis and uses synthetic biology tools to develop novel approaches to produce industrially relevant molecules for a variety of applications.
- Primary Emailcarol.email@example.com
Dr Maciej HolowkoResearch Scientist in Biocatalysis and Synthetic Biology Team
- With PhD in Synthetic Biology and M.Eng. in Biotechnology, Maciej develops synthetic biology stacks through integration of different technological aspects of synthetic biology such as automation, software and molecular techniques.
- Primary Emailmaciej.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Shoko OkadaResearch Scientist in Industrial Systems Biology Team
- With PhD and MSc in Ecology, Evolution and Systematics, Shoko explores the biological nitrogen fixation pathway in prokaryotes, with the aim of introducing them into crop plants using synthetic biology. Her expertise is in plant molecular biology, metabolic engineering, biochemistry and metabolomics.
- Primary Emailshoko.email@example.com
Dr Matthew TaylorResearch Scientist in Industrial Systems Biology Team
- With PhD in Medical Sciences and BSc in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Matthew conducts lipidomic and metabolomic studies for bioindustries and understanding the role of environmental stresses on terrestrial organisms both in terms of species control and survival.
- Primary Emailm.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Warish AhmedSenior Research Scientist in Industry Environments Program
- With a PhD in Public Health Microbiology, Warish provides targeted solutions to identify the point and non-point sources of microbial contaminants in catchment and recreational waters. In addition, he has expertise in data analysis, interpretation and guidance to clients and collaborators. Warish is working with utilities and local governments and transferring these application based tools to solve real-world environmental issues.
- Primary Emailwarish.email@example.com
Dr Hafna AhmedPostdoctoral Fellow in Environmental Systems Biology Team
- With PhD in Structural Biology and Biochemistry and B.med.Sc (Honours) in Biology, Hafna uses synthetic biology, X-ray crystallography and computational methods to understand the structure, function and ligand binding mechanisms of RNA riboswitches involved in signal transduction.
- Primary Emailhafna.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Katie HillyerPostdoctoral Fellow in Environmental Systems Biology Team
- With PhD and BSc (Honours) in Marine Biology and MSc in Marine Environmental Protection, Katie develops and uses systems biology-based tools for assessing complex changes (natural and man-made) in aquatic ecosystems, such as coral reefs to enhance system management, function and resilience to stresses.
- Primary Emailkatie.email@example.com
Dr Avinash KarpePostdoctoral Fellow in Environmental Systems Biology Team
- With PhD in Agricultural and Environmental Microbiology, Graduate Diploma of Science in Biotechnology and BSc in Agriculture Biotechnology, Avinash develops interactome model of host-parasitic relationships using a multi-omics approach, through both mouse and clinical models.
- Primary Emailavinash.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Himel Nahreen KhalequePostdoctoral Fellow in Resource Sector Biotechnology Team
- With PhD in Biomedical Sciences, MSc and BSc (Honours) in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Himel applies metabolic modelling to guide the engineering of biomining microorganisms for resources industry applications.
- Primary Emailhimelnahreen.email@example.com
Mr Greg DojchinovSenior Research Technician in Industrial Systems Biology Team
- With Bachelor of Agricultural Science in Engineering and Associate Diploma in Chemistry and Technology, Greg uses and develops methods for gas chromatography (GC), gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GCMS), and liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LCMS). He is currently focusing on qualitative and quantitative analysis of pesticides residues and their metabolites.
- Primary Emailgreg.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Huw Hayman ZumpeBioFoundry Technician
- With a BSc (Honours) in Molecular Biology, Huw provides technical expertise for the CSIRO BioFoundry, using high-throughput instrumentation and molecular biology techniques to develop and analyse strains for clients in industry and academia.
- Primary Emailhuw.email@example.com
Dr Jian-Wei LiuSenior Experimental Scientist in Industrial Systems Biology Team
- With PhD and Honours in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Jian-Wei investigates protein structure, interaction and function from a single enzyme to a complex proteome. He provides identification, quantification and characterization of proteins in a biological stimulus for health, environmental and industry application.
- Primary Emailjianfirstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Sam MawsonResearch Technician in Biocatalysis and Synthetic Biology Team
- With MSc (Hon) in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and MA and BA (Hon) in Philosophy, Sam provides technical expertise for the CSIRO Biofoundry, develops high-throughput synthetic biology workflows and uses these to deliver products for clients in industry and academia.
- Primary Emailsam.email@example.com
Mrs Christina MorrisExperimental Scientist in Resource Sector Biotechnology Team
- With BSc (Honours) in Biotechnology, Christina works on the research and development of microorganisms in the mining and waste water industry, including the discovery of new microorganisms that can serve as catalysts for industrial biotechnological applications.
- Primary Emailchristina.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Janet ReidSenior Research Technician in Biocatalysis and Synthetic Biology Team
- With a PhD in Molecular Biology, Grad Dip in Biotechnology and a BSc in Microbiology, as the BioFoundry Facility Manager, Janet is developing the BioFoundry into a service facility for industry and academia to access a high-throughput synthetic biology platform. This involves adapting standard bench synthetic biology approaches into high-throughput roboticized processes, software and hardware integration, and general operations.
- Primary Emailjanet.email@example.com
Ms Michelle WilliamsResearch Technician in Biocatalysis and Synthetic Biology Team
- With BSc in Biotechnology, Michelle has over 20 years’ experience in molecular biology.
- Primary Emailmichelle.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Jason WylieResearch Technician in Resource Sector Biotechnology Team
- With Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques and BSc in Molecular Genetics, Jason provides technical support to a range of field and laboratory based research projects, plays a key role in maintaining laboratory facilities, and acts as a radiation safety contact.
- Primary Emailjason.email@example.com