All of our publications can be found on the CSIRO Research Publications Repository. Find our publications by searching for any of our team members as authors. No login is required. Here are links to recent publications by research area:
Adaptation and Management Approaches
- Nidumolu et al. (2018) Linking climate forecasts to rural livelihoods: Mapping decisions, information networks and value chains. Weather and Climate Extremes.
- Brown et al. (2018) Influence of livelihoods on climate change adaptation for smallholder farmers in the Mekong Delta Vietnam. International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability.16(3):255-271
- Amarasingha et al. (2017) Improving water productivity in moisture-limited rice-basedcropping systems through incorporation of maize and mungbean: A modelling approach. Agriculture and Water Management. 189:111-122.
Agri-Food System Innovation
- Hall and Kelly (2017) Business-led innovation and the SDGs: Trends, drivers and opportunities. Technical Report. CSIRO and Global Initiatives.
- van Wensveen and Rahman (2017) Building capacity in the knowledge and adoption of Bali cattle improvement technology in South Sulawesi. ACIAR Final Report. Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research Canberra.
- ISPC (2015) Strategic study of good practice in AR4D partnership. Rome, Italy. CGIAR Independent Science and Partnership Council (ISPC).
Business, Value Chains and Food Systems
- Hobday et al. (2018) Adapting to climate change: the role of organisational personalities in natural resource management. Regional Environmental Change. 18(2):561-571.
- Ash et al. (2017) Irrigated agricultural development in northern Australia: value-chain challenges and opportunities. Agricultural Systems. 155(2):116-125.
- Lim-Camacho et al. (2017) Complex resource supply chains display higher resilience to simulated climate shocks. Global Environmental Change. 46:126-138.
- Brown et al. (2018) Rodent management issues in South Pacific islands – a review with case studies from Papua New Guinea and Vanuatu. Wildlife Research. 44(8):587-602.
- Ledo et al. (2018) Tree size and climatic water deficit control root to shoot ratio in individual trees globally. New Phytologist. 217(1):8-11.
- Harris et al. (2017) Wheat pests: introduction, rodents and nematodes. In: Peter Langridge, editor/s. Achieving sustainable wheat cultivation. Cambridge, UK: Burleigh Dodds SciencePublishing, 443-466.
- Ridoutt et al. (2018) From water use to water scarcity footprinting in environmentally extended input-output analysis. Environmental Science & Technology.
- Quinteiro et al. (2018) Identification of methodological challenges remaining in the assessment of a water scarcity footprint: a review. International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. 23(1):164-180.
- Ridoutt et al. (2017) Dietary Strategies to Reduce Environmental Impact: A Critical Review of the Evidence Base. Advances in Nutrition. 8(6):933-946.
Farming, Livelihoods and the Environment
- Mayberry et al. (2018) Closing yield gaps in smallholder goat production systems in Ethiopia and India. Livestock Science. DOI: 10.1016/j.livsci.2018.06.015.
- Laing et al. (2018) Mechanised dry seeding is an adaptation strategy for managing climate risks and reducing labour costs in rainfed rice production in lowland Lao PDR. Field Crops Research. 225, 32-46.
- Mayberry et al. (2017) Yield gap analyses to estimate attainable bovine milk yields and evaluate options to increase production in Ethiopia and India. Agricultural Systems. 155, 43-51.
Impacts of Weather Variability and Climate Change
- Nolan et al. (2018) Safeguarding reforestation efforts against changes in climate and disturbance regimes. Forest Ecology and Management. 424:458-467.
- Battaglia and Bruce (2017) Direct climate change impacts on growth and drought risk in blue gum (Eucalyptus globulus) plantations in Australia. Australian Forestry. 80:216-227.
- Brown et al. (2016) In 30 years, how might climate change affect what Australians eat and drink?. Bulletin of the Australian Meteorology and Oceanographic Society. 29(1):22-27.
Nutrition and Health
- Development Initiatives (2017) Global Nutrition Report 2017: Nourishing the SDGs. Bristol, UK: Development Initiatives.
- Bogard et al. (2017) Measuring nutritional quality of agricultural production systems: Application to fish production. Global Food Security.DOI: 10.1016/j.gfs.2017.09.004.
- Bogard et al. (2017) Non-farmed fish contribute to greater micronutrient intakes than farmed fish: results from an intra-household survey in rural Bangladesh. Public Health Nutrition. 20(4), 702-711.
Solutions for Global Change
- Pikaar et al. (2018) Decoupling livestock from land use through industrial feed production pathways, Environmental Science & Technology. DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.8b00216.
- Frank et al. (2018) Structural change as a key component for agricultural non-CO2 mitigation efforts. Nature communications. 9, 1060.
- Waha et al. (2017) Climate change impacts in the Middle East and Northern Africa (MENA) region and their implications for vulnerable population groups. Regional Environmental Change. 17(6), 1623-1638.
Sustainable Livestock Systems
- Lie et al. (2018) An empirical evaluation of policy options for inclusive dairy value chain development in Nicaragua: A system dynamics approach. Agricultural Systems.164, 193-222.
- Garnett and Godde et al. (2017) Grazed and confused? Ruminating on cattle, grazing systems, methane, nitrous oxide, the soil carbon sequestration question – and what it all means for greenhouse gas emissions. Food Climate Research Network.
- Dizyee et al. (2017) A quantitative value chain analysis of policy options for the beef sector in Botswana. Agricultural Systems. 156, 13-24.
Weather and Climate Systems
- Gobbett et al. (2018) Modelling frost generates insights for managing risk of minimum temperature extremes. Weather and Climate Extremes.
- Graham et al. (2017) Understanding the double peaked El Niño in coupled GCMs. Climate Dynamics. 48(5):2045-2063.
- Crimp et al. (2016) Recent seasonal, decadal and long-term changes in Southern Australian frost occurrence. Climatic Change.139:115-128.