With STEM You Can Panel Virtual Discussion for Parents, Teachers and Mentors
Want to learn more about the career opportunities for your child in Western Sydney?
Want to learn how a STEM education can give your child a rewarding, high-paying career?
Want to know how to guide your child through elective subject selection?
Parents of Western Sydney – this panel discussion is for you.
CSIRO hosted a discussion for parents of students who are considering their career opportunities and Year 11/12 elective subjects.
The discussion, led by renowned science communicator Vanessa Pirotta, invited some of the Australia’s brightest minds across government, education, industry, and big tech, to discuss the following topics:
- Industry demand for STEM skilled talent, now and in the future
- Explosion of new career opportunities surrounding the Western Sydney Airport and Bradfield City. How to prepare your child to take advantage of these new developments
- How to recognise your child’s interest in STEM, foster their passion and guide them into a rewarding, high-paid career
- The importance of subject selection. Creating a good foundation for a STEM career
- Prof Kathryn Holmes, Director of the Centre for Educational Research and Professor of STEM Education at Western Sydney University
- Dr Sarah Hill, CEO of Western Parkland City Authority
- Jan Dobbie, HR Manager at Varley Group
Host: Dr Vanessa Pirotta, Wildlife scientist, Science communicator and a Superstar of STEM
Date and Times
Event happened on 26th Aug, 2021.
Recording available here: https://webcast.csiro.au/#/webcasts/withstemyoucan