Virtual Panel Discussion for Students
Want to learn how you can secure a rewarding, high-paying career in STEM in Western Sydney?
Want to know how you can start exploring different STEM career paths and find a mentor?
Want to know how to choose the right elective subjects for your future?
High School students of Western Sydney – this panel discussion is for you.
CSIRO hosted a discussion for students who are considering their career options and Year 11/12 elective subjects.
The discussion, led by renowned science communicator Vanessa Pirotta, invited some of the brightest minds in Australia, to discuss the following topics:
- Key attributes that help you excel in a STEM career
- The potential of a STEM career
- The value of staying agile when exploring career opportunities
- The call for diversity in STEM
- How to choose the right electives for your future career
- Renee Wootton, Aerospace Engineer / Commercial Pilot / Strategy and Planning Manager for Western Sydney Airport
- Brad Castlenuovo, Aquatic Ecologist at Sydney Water
- Dr Rob Grenfell, Director of Health & Biosecurity at CSIRO
Host: Dr Vanessa Pirotta, Wildlife scientist, Science communicator and a Superstar of STEM
Recorded on Thursday 26th Aug, 2021.
Recording available here: https://webcast.csiro.au/#/webcasts/withstemyoucanstudents